Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One of those things.....

As all my friends know, my papa has been in the hospital since Friday morning and well I have had that on my mind all weekend. He has been going back and forth from recovering to going back downhill so I ask that everyone please pray for him. I have had to hold it together for my mom and aunts while I'm around them because they need me to lean on, but I haven't had the chance (until this evening) to let it all go and Sunday was the day I needed to let it all go but I couldn't. Bryson had followed me into the laundry room right after I finished cleaning up my kitchen from where Bryan and my brother in law had been cutting out cabinets to install a dishwasher. I thought that I had everything picked up and thrown away, but obviously I didn't. Bryson (as all babies will) found a piece of the top layer of a cabinet and decided that it looked tasty so he swallowed it. All I heard was screaming, so I grabbed him and tried to figure out what was wrong (because at the time I had no idea that he had swallowed anything. I had my back turned putting towels in the wash.) He started coughing and slightly choking but at the same time he was still crying. We rushed him to Riverpark and about 1/2 mile from the hospital he coughed and sputtered and out came the wood. My adrenaline was pumping through my body and I was scared to death. Bryan was too. So now we are watching every time he goes for something just to make sure he doesn't see something that we don't and trust me, little ones will see stuff you missed and more than likely will eat it; and no matter how well you watch them, they will eat stuff you don't want them to eat. But needless to say I about had a breakdown last night because I needed to cry, but couldn't and all my papa would say was that he wanted to die......so my little britches added to everything. As of now though my papa is doing ok. They got him to drink a little water with help and is resting better. Bryson is wonderful. You never would have known the child had anything happen Sunday. We just have to take whatever God gives us and takes away and trust in him to know whats best for us. My grandmother always tells me "When it rains, it pours!", and she is so right!